The internet has a plethora of information, images and websites. With this open source of information comes the opportunity for bad actors to take advantage of unsuspecting victims.
Lately, you may have seen some new websites popping up. Note that CoinSmart only has one website: www.coinsmart.com
CoinSmart is not affiliated with any of the following websites. More importantly, your login information will not work on these sites but it can be stored and used by the 3rd party behind them. Some bad actors that the CoinSmart Compliance team have identified include:
Here’s a few things you can do to ensure your account is secured:
- We strongly recommend that you do not log in to a site directly from a messenger app, from an email thread or one that has been provided to you from what we’ll call an unknown source (i.e. a message from a random person claiming to work for CoinSmart).
- Remember that CoinSmart is not affiliated or partnered with any 3rd party broker, advisor or trader.
- Never share your password or security question answer with anyone.
- Never share your 2FA QR code with anyone.
- Never provide account access to anyone.
- Never send cryptocurrency to a wallet address that you do not have access to – if it’s not your keys it’s not your cryptocurrency.
- Note that CoinSmart communicates from registered emails i.e. @coinsmart.com
- Do not respond to any invoices for liquidation of accounts/services or fees from CoinSmart. We never send them.
If you’re new to CoinSmart, here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- CoinSmart does not have any account setup fees.
- You do not have to deposit funds to prove you have liquidity.
- You do not need to have AnyDesk or Teamviewer installed on your computer to conduct cryptocurrency transactions.
- You do not need to deposit funds to receive funds, what we mean by this is: let’s say you want to withdraw 10K in BTC, you do not have to send any CAD funds to secure the withdrawal.
Worried that your account may be compromised? Here’s what you need to do:
- Reach out to CX (Customer experience) via chat from our website, email: email@example.com or Compliance – firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help with locking your account and cancel any pending withdrawals.
- Contact your bank and credit card companies right away to cancel any large purchases or withdrawals.
- Update your email passwords.
- Have third-party software like Anydesk or Teamviewer removed from your computer.